Sydney’s Premier Medical Oxygen Supplier
Mega Medical is Sydney’s premier medical oxygen supplier. We provide medical oxygen and other medical gas products to aged-care facilities, dental clinics, medical centres, and veterinary practices.
Our skilled technicians safely deliver medical oxygen and other medical gases direct to your door for added convenience.
What is Medical Oxygen?
Medical oxygen is a high grade oxidising gas made of 100% oxygen. It is odourless, colourless and tasteless and commonly stored as a compressed gas until use by medical professionals.
While it is known for saving lives, it is important to follow the gas storage rules to ensure it does not become dangerous. We offer an easy to download Gas storage checklist here.
What are the Uses and Applications for medical oxygen?
Medical Oxygen (gaseous) is used whenever you are not getting enough oxygen into your blood. This situation is called hypoxia. You can suffer from hypoxia if you have breathing difficulties due to respiratory disease, chest wounds or rib fractures. Hypoxia is also seen if you are in shock, bleeding badly, have a heart attack, have other heart problems, or have carbon monoxide poisoning.
Since a high level of oxygen saturation is required for cell metabolism, medical oxygen is used in these situations to ensure patients are getting the correct amount of oxygen to survive.
How does Medical oxygen help you?
It works by helping you to breathe more easily via either a face mask, nasal cannula and in some situations hyperbaric chambers. Oxygen is also used as a diluent for other gases used during an anaesthetic.
What are the available cylinder sizes for medical oxygen?
At Mega Medical we supply 4 different sizes for medical oxygen in the Sydney metropolitan area.
- C – 419L
- D – 1900L
- E – 4,300L
- G – 10,000L
Other uses for Medical Oxygen
Medical oxygen is colourless, odourless, and tasteless. It is classified as a respiratory assistance gas, which means it is essential for human respiration. Oxygen is administered for many reasons in a medical setting. Hospitals, surgery centres, dental offices, and veterinary facilities can use medical oxygen for:
- First-aid resuscitation for medical emergencies
- Medical procedures that require anaesthesia
- Life support for patients who cannot breathe on their own
- Oxygen therapy for treating low levels of oxygen in the bloodstream
- Home Oxygen Therapy
- Sedation or Anesthesia/Analgesia
- Acute & Chronic respiratory cases
Medical oxygen is also used in high altitudes, for underwater breathing, and in hyperbaric chambers.
While the air we breathe is a mixture of carbon monoxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen, medical oxygen is 100% pure. Impurities can make people sick, so the highest standards are enforced for medical oxygen. No other types of gases or contaminants are permitted in the cylinder.
How to Order Medical Oxygen with Mega Medical
We offer medical oxygen refills to dentists, veterinarians, hospitals and aged care facilities with free delivery to all areas of Sydney. If you are looking to order medical gas for your practice or hospital, you can order easily online or over the phone. We accept orders via our online form, or give us a call and we can organise delivery.
Who can administer medical oxygen?
Medical oxygen requires a prescription from a medical practitioner authorised to prescribe medications. Home medical oxygen therapy is prescribed only for patients with signs or symptoms of chronic hypoxaemia.
Most medical oxygen is administered in hospitals, surgery centres, dental practices, and veterinary offices. Face masks, nasal cannulas, and hyperbaric chambers deliver medical oxygen therapy to patients. Nurses, doctors, and other approved medical providers receive training on how to administer appropriate levels of oxygen to patients.
What key products are required for medical oxygen?
Medical oxygen is stored in cylinders until ready for use.
There are several complementary products needed for administering medical oxygen and other medical gases to patients. Some of the key products include:
- Comweld Series O Medical Oxygen Regulator
- Comweld Flowmeter Medical Oxygen (various LPMs)
Scheduling routine inspections and maintenance for your medical oxygen cylinders and complementary medical gas products ensures their safety.
See our Medical Gas’ FAQ’s for more information.
Buy your medical oxygen online
Mega Medical simplifies the medical oxygen ordering process for aged care facilities, dental clinics, medical centres, and veterinary practices in the Sydney Metropolitan area. When you choose to buy your medical oxygen from us, you are guaranteed the following:
- Convenient online ordering. Buy your medical oxygen online from us and save yourself time. Our online ordering is available 24/7, so you can do it when it fits into your schedule.
- Free delivery. Customers in the Sydney Metropolitan area receive safe and free delivery. Save time and money by having our delivery drivers bring your medical oxygen direct to your doorstep.
- Fast, friendly service. Mega Medical does not outsource its delivery driving services. All medical oxygen and other medical gas deliveries are made by our skilled drivers.
- Our service support team is here to answer any questions or address any concerns.
- No administration fees. Tired of fees added to the price of your medical oxygen and other medical gases? Mega Medical never charges customers administration fees,
invoice fees, credit card fees, or handling fees. We are a fee-free medical gases provider.